Best Dog Training Toys in 2023
Dog Tug Toy Dog Bite Pillow Jute Bite Toy with 2 Handles - Best for Tug of War, Puppy Training Interactive Play - Interactive Toys for Medium to Large Dogs (11.8In)
- Interactive Dog Toy : Tug toys is great reward and exercise toy, suitable for indoor and outdoor play. It’s designed for tug of war, Schutzhund, agility, ring sport, police K9 and more.
- Not a Chew Toy : This dog tug toy is built safe and tough but no toy is indestructible. Tug Toys are meant for interactive tugging between you and your dog only, not chew toys.
- High Quality : High quality and durable toy with double stitching and a tough biting sleeve surface made of jute. 2 handles for a comfortable and easy grip, full control and stability.
- Perfect Size for a Safe Play : The toy is perfectly sized to make it easy to hold for an interactive play or fetch, while it won't cause any damage when thrown around by your dog.
- Keep in mind this is an tug toy for you and your dog, unsupervised chewing is not recommended. Don’t allow your doggie to keep the toy after interaction has finished and don’t let him bite the handles.
Nina Ottosson Dog Smart Beginner Dog Puzzle Toy â€“ Engaging and Interactive Treat Dispensing Game for your Dogâ€™s Toy Box
- BEGINNER DOG PUZZLE: This level 1 interactive dog puzzle toy is an entertaining dog treat dispenser that will prepare your pup for more challenging games.
- MENTAL STIMULATION: Exercise your dog’s brain with 9 removable treat dispensing compartments that keep pups busy while redirecting destructive behaviors.
- SLOW FEEDER: The Dog Smart toy is a great way to slow down meal times to improve digestion and prevent bloat, as well as being a fun and entertaining dog enrichment toy.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Made of tough plastic, this durable dog activity toy can be hand washed with soap and water after the dog treat dispenser compartments have been emptied.
- INTERACTIVE FUN: Nina Ottosson Dog Puzzle Games are smart, stimulating, and challenging for your dog’s brain. Place the dog board game on the floor and encourage your pet to seek treats.
- Fun for all dogs – regardless of age & size
SportDOG Brand Plastic Dummies
- Plastic dummies are great training tools for sporting dogs, both young and adult, made with tough yet soft vinyl that floats; not meant to be used as a dog chew toy
- Knobs help prevent hard mouth and the valve allows you to adjust the weight or firmness of the dummy with air or water
- White dummies are the most visible against dark backgrounds, and are used for training young dogs to use their eyes over land or water; 50/50 Black and White dummies are good for throwing against all backgrounds
- Orange dummies teach dogs to use their nose after reaching the area of a fall. These dummies work well on blind retrieves, because they are easy for the handler to see but are virtually invisible to the dog
- Made of BPA-free material, the regular sized dummies measure 2"W X 12"L, while the jumbo sized dummies measure 3"W X 12"L
- By designing our products in the field, with heat, cold, rain, snow, dust, mud, and wind in mind, SportDOG has become the most recognized brand in the electronic tracking and training categories, making the promise to create "Gear The Way You'd Design It"
Outward Hound Tail Teaser Dog Flirt Pole Toy, Play Wand
- Nylon cord for interactive exercise and fun
- Chase and tug action keeps dogs entertained
- Two faux-fur tails squeak and rattle
- Nylon pole prevents you from touching a slobbery squeaker
Nero Ball Ultra TM - Dog Training Ball On A Rope - Exercise and Reward Toy for Dogs
- NEW The Nero Ball ULTRA is a Brand New Designed For Active Dogs
- Used by Police K-9 and Military Working Dog Teams Worldwide
- Better Than A Regular Ball - Rope Allows You To Throw Further
- Motivate and Exercise Your Dog - No Cumbersome Launcher Needed!!
- USED TO TRAIN, MOTIVATE AND STRENGTHEN BOND BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR DOG.
Starmark Bob-A-Lot Interactive Pet Toy, Large
- Exercises and feeds your dog at the same time
- The Large bottom Chamber fits up to 3 cups of Food - enough for a full meal
- Adjustable openings at the top and bottom accommodate most types of dog Food and allow you to regulate the difficulty level
- Weighted anti-slip bottom makes the toy wobble erratically enticing your dog to play
ALLRIER Dog Chew Toys for Aggressive Chewers, Puppy Dog Training Treats Teething Rope Toys for Boredom, Dog Puzzle Treat Food Dispensing Ball Toys for Small Large Dogs
- 【HEALTHY CHEWING】Why do dogs like chewing？Chewing is a natural behavior of dogs. We don't need to stop it, just guide it properly. ALLRIER's durable & tough dog toy is made of 100% natural rubber, nontoxic and bite resistant extremely , support for heavy or aggressive chewers. Ensure your dog can play and chew it safely, and easy to clean.
- 【IDEAL DESIGN】Our new dog chew toy designed with 360 degree rubber granular cleaner around outside, and a double-layered sharp tooth cleaning mechanism in order to clean dog's teeth efficiently. Designed with the new powerful sucker keeps the chew toy fixed and can interactively train the dog's bite force.
- 【STRONG TOOTH】Clean your dog's teeth, make your dog healthier. Made with two types of hardness durable materials. Varying hardness provides extra satisfaction while dogs chewing. Many dogs suffer from bad breath and periodontitis due to poor oral hygiene, but chew toy can rub off the tartar and make your dog's teeth healthier.
- 【REDUCE BAD BEHAVIORS】Dear puppy is alone at home, are you still worried? Kill the boring time, relieve the anxiety and stress, to make dogs’ life more fulfilling. Our new upgraded dog rope toy can effectively help your dog release excess energy and prevent dog from bad behavior caused by long-term boredom. It enhances the dog's enthusiasm, and makes your relationship with the dog closer, improve the pet's intelligence and let its emotions be released.
- 【EXCELLENT SERVICE】Before you decide to buy this product, it's necessary to tell you that the suction cup of this toy can work better on a smooth and flat surface. Please not to use it on matte wooden floors, dusty walls and concrete surface.We are committed to designing the best toys for dogs, each of our products undergoes rigorous quality testing. We know that dog's behavior is unpredictable, so if you have any questions, please contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
ASOCEA Dog Extendable Teaser Wand Pet Flirt Stick Pole Puppy Chasing Tail Interactive Toy for Small Medium Large Dogs Training Playing Exercise
- This is a great interactive outside toy, which can help to promote mutual communication during playing.
- Funny toy for all sizes of dogs, can be regarded as a training tool and provides the physical exercise dogs need.
- Available in two substitutable tail toy, two rope toys that can be used as normal rope toys. You can play with you dog everywhere,especially for the aggressive chewers.
- Durable nylon chord and extendable collapsible pole save the space and easy to take out.
- SIZE:Length of holder:10.", stretch to 35", length of rope:40" .We have replacement tail toy sold alone for the dog flirt pole in our shop,Welcome to buy if you need.
Dog Bite Tug Toy - Durable, Interactive Toys for Medium to Large Dogs - Perfect for Tug of War, Fetch & Puppy Training - Safe Fire Hose Dog Tug with Strong Handle - Tough Floating Pull Toy (Large)
- WILL LAST OR YOUR MONEY BACK! - If you’re tired of spending money on those cheaply made linen or jute tugs and dog ropes that get destroyed within a few hours, this tug is the ONE you’re looking for. Our tug is made of the highest quality firehose material to ensure that your dog will never tear it when having fun.
- THE MOST DURABLE TUG TOY ON AMAZON! - Some other tug toys are cheap and look nice, but they’re not sturdy & safe for your canine friend. Unlike others, this 11.8x2.4" tug is carefully HANDMADE by dog lover who cares! It’s built to hold up to 220 pounds (100 kg), what makes it the best tug on the market. Try it, thank yourself later.
- MULTIPURPOSE, DOGS LOVE IT! - We believe that interactive play will help strengthen bond between you and your furry buddy, keep him happy and healthy. Bull Fit tug is great reward and exercise toy, suitable for indoor and outdoor play. It’s designed for tug of war, fetch, Schutzhund, agility, weight pulling, dock diving, spring pole workout and more!
- ATTENTION, READ BEFORE BUYING - This bite tug is built safe and tough but no toy is indestructible. It’s perfect training tool for medium to large breeds and big puppies, but NOT a chew toy. Don’t allow your doggie to keep the toy after interaction has finished. However, it will hold up to the daily rigors of Police K-9, Military, Sport and other Working Dog use.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Having a satisfied customer is all we aim at. But if you are not satisfied, for any reason, we offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Don’t miss this HEAVY-DUTY dog tug toy!
CHEERING PET Dog Agility Equipment, 28 Piece Dog Obstacle Course for Training and Interactive Play Includes Dog Agility Tunnel, Adjustable Hurdles, Poles, Whistle, Rope Toy with Carrying Case
- A COMPLETE SET OF DOG AGILITY EQUIPMENT: Set up the perfect outdoor exercise course for your dog! Our 28 piece set includes a 58.5” long tunnel, 2 vertical poles, 8 slalom poles, adjustable hurdle, string, rope toy, whistle, pause box, stakes, and carrying bags.
- PERFECT FOR DOG AGILITY TRAINING: Train your eager pup to be the perfect furry athlete! This agility training gear is a must-have for competition workouts and preparing for shows. It’s great for new dogs getting into the world of competing or experienced pets getting in tip-top shape.
- A GREAT BONDING EXPERIENCE FOR YOU AND YOUR COMPANION: This is better than dog toys! Spend some quality time with your pooch by getting involved with its playtime. With this play equipment your dog, big or small, can get a great workout while running and jumping freely.
- EASY SETUP & STORAGE: Setting up your obstacle training course is quick and easy! It comes with 3 carrying bags that make it easy to carry and store. Portable bags have carrying handles so you can easily pack and transport the equipment from the park to the big stage.
- PREMIUM QUALITY 28 PIECE AGILITY TRAINING EQUIPMENT SET: Each piece of our set is made to last! The tube is constructed using high quality 190T polyester cloth that won’t tear easily so it’s sure to handle your high-spirited pet! It’s lightweight and easy to lug around so you can use it anywhere, anytime.
Adoption of Retired Greyhounds: Transition to Home Life
When choosing to adopt retired greyhound it is important to understand the basis issues of dog training that must be addressed as the dog transitions to your home life.
Retired Greyhounds are dogs that have been trained in some of the most elite of dog training schools. Because the Greyhound, as a general rule, is very accommodating and easy to care for, families often seek to own one, even during their late stages of life after racing. However, because the retired Greyhound has live a life of rigid training and fitness, it is important that he only be adopted into families who can accommodate the continuing desire to be active and, yet, provide a home in which they can relax into their retirement years.
For most retired Greyhounds the physical sensory capacity is remarkable. Often, the physical senses are even more powerful in the Greyhound than that of the human population. For this reason, Greyhounds often easily associate sounds with activities and tend to block out other sounds for which no meaning has been tied to them. Beyond their keen ability to recognize specific sounds, retired Greyhounds also experience a greater capacity for visual reasoning. In fact, the retired Greyhound, above all other dog breeds, has the greatest capacity for peripheral vision and may, in fact, see things that even you will not see. And beyond all this, their sense of smell is one of the most powerful tools provided to them.
When bringing the retired Greyhound into your home, it is important to first understand the impact the change of environment will have. While the Greyhound's senses provide the best tools for familiarizing with the environment, it will take several days for the Greyhound to become comfortable in the home. Using hand gestures commonly used by the Greyhound trainers will provide for some ease of transition during this period as the Greyhound will respond more comfortably to your hand signals than to the verbal communication.
Teaching your retired Greyhound the meaning of key verbal communication will be a challenging experience for both of you. Using simple two word phrases, in a consistent and monotone approach, will teach your Greyhound how to respond to specific words you may speak. For instance, simply telling the Greyhound to get into a car will not produce the result you want. Instead, you must say, "Car" to the Greyhound, in a light and respectful manner, and then take the Greyhound for a ride in the car. Eventually, the retired Greyhound will relate car with the actual ride in the vehicle. The key, then is simple and efficient methods of communication.
Using rewards to train the Greyhound can also be effective, especially when coorelating sounds. When you want to capture the attention of your Greyhound with a simple sound, use treats to teach the Greyhound that positive reward is associated with the sound. Doing this repetition several times a day, over several days, will yield a positive step in training the Greyhound to view you as the leader of the home and he will follow you with respect.
As with any pet adoption process, the key to positive outcomes lies in the consistent behavioral training process. With retired Greyhounds, most training is complete when the dog arrives in your home. However, this training may not be consistent with that which is appropriate for home life. To transition the retired Greyhound to the comfort of home, using simply training tools, consistently and calmly, will provide for significant results in just a few weeks.