Best Dog Training Treats Amazon in 2021
Zuke's Natural Training Dog Treats; Mini Naturals Recipe; Made in USA Facilities, 16 oz, Duck Recipe
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats Wild Bits Grain Free Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Duck Recipe 4-oz bag, Model:800068
- Packed with real Duck: made with more of the delicious Duck your dog loves, Blue Wilderness Wild Bits are the soft-moist and meaty treat made to satisfy their wild side.
- Made with DHA: an important fatty acid found in mother’s Milk, DHA helps promote cognitive development in canines.
- Wholesome ingredients: made with Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, These dog training treats are more than just tasty, they’re healthy too!
- Grain free dog treats: featuring only the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals, Wilderness dog treats are grain free and contain no chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, and no corn, wheat or soy.
- Contains (1) 4-oz bag of Blue Buffalo wilderness trail treats wild Bits high protein Grain free soft-moist training dog treats, Duck Recipe
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
Amazon Brand â€“ Wag Chicken Flavor Training Treats for Dogs, 2 lb. Bag (32 oz)
- Small treats for bite-sized rewards during training
- American chicken is the #1 ingredient
- No added corn, soy or wheat; No added colors or artificial flavors
- Soft, chewy texture with wag-worthy chicken flavor
- Made in the USA with the finest ingredients from around the world
- 2-pound bag of dog treats in a resealable pouch
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We’re proud of our products. If you aren’t satisfied, we’ll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- An Amazon brand
Hill's Grain Free Dog Treats, Soft-Baked Naturals with Beef & Sweet Potatoes, Soft Healthy Dog Snacks, 8 oz Bag
- Delicious, soft, Grain free dog treats made with real Beef
- Made in the USA with global ingredients you can trust not artificially preserved or flavored
- Great as training treats for your healthy dog, or as an addition to their dry dog Food or wet Canned food routine
- Natural dog Snacks that provide the right balance of flavor and nutrition in every satisfying bite
- Previously known as Hill’s ideal balance soft baked Naturals With Beef & sweet potatoes
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
Milk-Bone MaroSnacks Dog Treats for Dogs of All Sizes, 40 Ounces
- Contains 1 - 40 Ounce Canister of Dog Treats for Dogs of All Sizes
- Wholesome, delicious treats that you can feel good about giving
- Tasty and nutritious with real bone marrow
- Rich in calcium to help maintain strong teeth and bones
Wellness Soft Puppy Bites Natural Grain Free Puppy Training Treats, Lamb & Salmon, 3-Ounce Bag
- Just For Puppy: Soft, Chewy, Perfectly Sized Treats Specially For Puppies Made With Premium Lamb And Salmon
- Treating Or Training: Soft, Delicious Dog Treats Great For Everyday Treating Or Training
- All Natural: Contains Only Premium, All Natural Ingredients With No Corn, Soy, Artificial Colors Or Flavors
- Made In USA: Backed By Our Wellness Guarantee And Quality Assured Made In The USA With The Finest Globally Sourced Ingredients
Blue Buffalo BLUE Bits Natural Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Chicken Recipe 16-oz bag
- REAL CHICKEN FIRST: BLUE Bits dog training treats are made with delicious real chicken as the first ingredient making them an ideal reward for your best friend’s best behavior.
- MEATY TRAINING TREATS: For dogs that love a meaty treat, BLUE Bits are tender, bite-sized morsels that are the perfect size for training. Plus with DHA to help support cognitive development, they’re an ideal puppy treat.
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: These dog treats don’t contain any chicken (or poultry) by-product meals and are free from corn, wheat and soy. Plus, they’re free from artificial preservatives like propylene glycol and colors like red dye 40.
- HEALTHY DOG TREATS: Blue Buffalo natural dog treats feature the healthy, wholesome ingredients you’ll love feeding as much as they’ll love eating.
- Contains (1) 16-oz bag of BLUE Bits Natural Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Chicken Recipe
Wellness Core Marrow Roasts Natural Grain Free Dog Treats, Beef, 8-Ounce Bag
- Grain Free: Naturally Grain Free Tender Jerky For Everyday Treating Or Training
- Protein Rich: An All Natural Jerky, Made With Premium Protein From Real Beef, Using The Minimal Amount Of Ingredients
- All Natural: Contains Only Premium, All Natural Ingredients With No Wheat, Artificial Colors Or Flavors
- Made In Usa: Backed By The Wellness Guarantee And Quality Assured Made In The Usa With The Finest Globally Sourced Ingredients
- Have You Switched Your Dog To Grain Free, Protein Packed Core Natural Dry And Wet Dog Food Yet?
Rachael Ray Nutrish Meatball Morsels Real Meat Dog Treats, Beef, Chicken & Bacon Recipe, 12 Ounces, Grain Free
- Contains 1- 12 oz. pouch of dog treats
- Tasty real meat treats for dogs
- Soft treats are easy to break into smaller pieces
- Safely cooked in the USA with no ingredients from China
Full Moon Organic Human Grade Training Treats For Dogs
- Human Grade Dog Treats Made In The Usa
- Usda Organic
- Under 3 Calories Per Treat, Great For Training
- Glycerin Free And Grain Free - No Corn, Wheat Or Soy
- All Natural, No Artificial Flavors, Preservatives, Or Colors
How Safe is Your Canine’s Dog Treat?
When I started learning more about chemicals in my food, I discovered that some of the dog treats I bought were like junk food for dogs. Not only were the ingredients unhealthy, some of the treats were potentially dangerous.
When I became a pet owner over 10 years ago, I used to give my dog plenty of treats. I used the treats to train my german shepherd mix (and also to spoil her). As a new pet owner, I didn't know a lot about animal nutrition. When I started learning more about chemicals in my own food, I started looking into my dog food and treats too. I discovered that some of the dog treats I bought were almost like junk food for dogs. Not only were the ingredients unhealthy, some of the treats were potentially dangerous. According to time.com, "Chinese jerky treats have caused a mysterious illness outbreak in more than 3,600 dogs (and ten cats) and the death of about 600 pets." So, how safe is your canine's dog treat?
Back in January, two big dog food companies voluntarily pulled several of their dog treats after it was said that there could be possible antibiotics contamination. Due to the recall, the canine death rate in relation to jerky treats has dropped. However, the FDA is still stumped as to what exactly is causing pets to become ill from certain varieties of jerky treats. Obviously, something isn't right in the pet food business.
Ingredients in Typical Jerky Treats
I was curious as to what was in a typical jerky treat. I took a look at Waggin Train Chicken Jerky Dog treats. These treats were on the Walmart site but no longer being sold (It's likely they were part of the January recall). The ingredients were: Chicken Breast Fillet, Salt, Sugar. I was actually surprised. Compared to Pup-Peroni (which contains Beef, Meat By-Products, Soy Grits, Sugar, Liver, Salt, Propylene Glycol and other ingredients), I could see why this treat might appeal to dog owners. Yet, what is listed on an ingredient list doesn't always tell the entire story. Antibiotics in feed, hormones given to animals and dirty factory conditions are things we can't see on an ingredient list. However, this is another reason why both human and animal food needs to have tougher standards. Furthermore, we need strict regulations from any products that come from overseas.
What's Being Done About It
According to the New York Times, recently the Food and Drug Administration introduced rules "that would govern the production of pet food and farm animal feed for the first time." If it passes, "it would regulate the production of feed for millions of farm animals, including cows, pigs and chickens, as well as pet food." To me, this is a step in the right direction. Along with preventing animal deaths, this can also help humans. Since humans handle pet food, we can potentially become sick from feeding our pets. And, think about those stray pieces of dog food that babies or toddlers might get ahold of and put into their mouths.
The food industry has a long way to go. I'm in favor of making pet food (and human food) safer.