10 Best Dog Treats For Training Puppies
Updated on: March 2023
Best Dog Treats For Training Puppies in 2023
Blue Buffalo BLUE Bits Natural Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Beef Recipe 9-oz bag
Zuke's Natural Training Dog Treats; Mini Naturals Recipe; Made in USA Facilities, 16 oz, Chicken Recipe
- With less than 3 calories per treat, Zuke's Mini Naturals are ideal for use as training treats or as a small breed dog treats
- Soft and chewy dog treats with real chicken as the #1 ingredient
- These natural dog treats feature cherries and turmeric to help maintain a healthy lifestyle
- No corn, no wheat, no soy. No artificial colors or flavors
- Crafted in the USA using the Earth’s best ingredients
Wellness Soft Puppy Bites Natural Grain Free Puppy Training Treats, Lamb & Salmon, 3-Ounce Bag
- Just For Puppy: Soft, Chewy, Perfectly Sized Treats Specially For Puppies Made With Premium Lamb And Salmon
- Treating Or Training: Soft, Delicious Dog Treats Great For Everyday Treating Or Training
- All Natural: Contains Only Premium, All Natural Ingredients With No Corn, Soy, Artificial Colors Or Flavors
- Made In USA: Backed By Our Wellness Guarantee And Quality Assured Made In The USA With The Finest Globally Sourced Ingredients
Cloud Star Chewy Tricky Trainers, Liver Flavor, 14-Ounce Pouch
- Cloud Star Tricky Trainers Chewy - Liver training treats are made in the USA with real chicken liver for the amazing taste dogs love!
- Soft, chewy texture that won’t dry out or crumble.
- Bite-size, low calorie treats - only 3 calories per treat!
- Used and recommended by professional dog trainers. An official training treat of the AKC Canine Good Citizen Program
- No wheat, corn, dairy or soy. No artificial colors or flavors.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats Wild Bits Grain Free Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Chicken Recipe 4-oz bag
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: Made with more of the delicious chicken your dog loves, BLUE Wilderness Wild Bits are the soft-moist and meaty treat made to satisfy their wild side.
- MADE WITH DHA: An important fatty acid found in mother’s milk, DHA helps promote cognitive development in canines.
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: Made with omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, these dog training treats are more than just tasty, they’re healthy too!
- GRAIN FREE DOG TREATS: Featuring only the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals, Wilderness dog treats are grain free and contain no chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, and no corn, wheat or soy.
- Contains (1) 4oz bag of Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats Wild Bits High Protein Grain Free Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Chicken Recipe
Full Moon Organic Human Grade Training Treats For Dogs
- Human Grade Dog Treats Made In The Usa
- Usda Organic
- Under 3 Calories Per Treat, Great For Training
- Glycerin Free And Grain Free - No Corn, Wheat Or Soy
- All Natural, No Artificial Flavors, Preservatives, Or Colors
NUTRO Crunchy Dog Treats with Real Peanut Butter, 16 Ounce Bag
- Contains one (1) 16 oz. bag of NUTRO Crunchy Natural Dog Treats with Real Peanut Butter
- NUTRO Crunchy Dog Treats are rich in nutrients and full of flavor, making them healthy treats your small breed or large breed dog will enjoy
- High-quality protein is the foundation of NUTRO Dog Treats-and they’re made with real, high-quality ingredients you can see and smell
- At only 5 calories per treat, NUTRO Crunchy Treats are great natural training treats your dog will sit and stay for
- NUTRO Crunchy Treats contain: NO chicken by-product meal, NO artificial flavors or colors, NO artificial preservatives, NO corn, wheat, or soy protein
- NUTRO Crunchy Treats are a great way to train and reward your dog
Purina ONE Made in USA Facilities Dog Training Treats, True Instinct Bites with Farm-Raised Chicken - 20 oz. Pouch
- One (1) 20 oz. Pouch - Purina ONE Made in USA Facilities Dog Training Treats, True Instinct Bites With Farm-Raised Chicken
- Real chicken is the #1 ingredient
- Protein-rich treats
- Contains no artificial flavors or colors
- Made with farm-raised chicken
Blue Pack of 4 Buffalo Treats Bits Dog Treats Pouches, 4 Flavors (Savory Salmon, Tasty Chicken, Tender Beef and Tempting Turkey), 4 oz., Blue
- Blue Buffalo Moist BLUE Bits Dog Treats - 4 Flavors (Savory Salmon, Tasty Chicken, Tender Beef, and Tempting Turkey)
- Made in the USA with REAL Meat
- Healthy and Holistic Dog Treats made without Chicken / Poultry By-Product Meals, NO Corn, Soy, or Wheat - NO Artificial Preservatives, Colors, and Flavors
- Training Treats
- 4 Ounces Each (4 Total Pouches)
Merrick Power Bites Real Texas Beef Recipe Treats 6Oz
- #1 Ingredient Is Real Deboned Beef
- Grain-Free And Gluten-Free, Without Sorbic Acid
- Soft And Chewy All-Natural Treat For Training Rewards
- Poultry-Free Recipe For Dogs With Sensitivities To Poultry Ingredients
- Cooked In The Usa.
Pet Food: Purina Carvers Roasted Slices Dog Treats
Purina Carvers are roasted slices of treats for dogs, made up of more than 80% real high quality chicken. No by-products and no artificial flavors and colors.
Luckily my Fred Meyer store had a few left on the shelves, and I picked one up. They had cheese and chicken, but I chose the chicken.
Purina Carvers come in a thick plastic bag with a resealable ziplock top. There is a picture of a whole chicken on the bag, which contains 3.5 ounces of treats.
The slices are quite large, say about 3 1/2" by 2-2 1/2", and are a bit oval in shape. They are over 1/8"-1/4" thick. They are the color of a chicken breast, and have a multi-textured top resembling a slice of chicken.
* Contain more than 80% real chicken
* No artificial flavors
* No artificial colors
* No meat by-products
* Oven cooked
* Lightly seasoned
* Naturally high in protein
Crude Protein (min) 38%
Crude Fat (min) 4%
Crude Fiber (max) 3%
Moisture (max) 28%
Chicken, soy flour, glycerin, garlic powder, salt, glucono-delta-lactone (to promote freshness), soy protein isolate, sorbic acid (a preservative), citric acid, preserved with mixed tocopherols (vitamin E), rosemary extract.
Purina Carvers were introduced to the market in mid 2020, and are trying to tap into the already glutted and popular market of pet treats, this time with an altogether different style of product.
These treats look similar to a slice of chicken breast, and indeed has a slight chicken smell. They actually smell pretty appealing, even to me!
Our Silky Terrier is a very picky eater. She turns her nose up to several hard treats that we have purchased for her, and she definitely has her favorites. I gave her an entire Purina Carvers slice, and she grabbed it from me and ran into the living room where she proceeded to wolf it down. It was gone in seconds, and she was looking at me with those begging eyes hoping for more.
The treats can easily be broken into smaller pieces. In fact the package suggests you can feed them whole or tear into bite-sized portions. I decided to break them up into quarters to make them go further. Since our dog is only 10 pounds, she really doesn't need an entire slice anyway. If you have a large dog, I doubt they would be satisfied with anything less than an entire slice.
Unlike hard dog biscuits, which can break up into small crumbs, these softer chews don't leave any particles behind because they are more of a soft and chewy treat.
I love the ingredients! I always try to avoid by-products when I can, and I am impressed that Purina does not use any by-products in their Carvers, just high quality chicken, and more than 80% is pretty impressive!
The Carvers are a great source of protein for our dog, and if she were ill and not wanting to eat her dog food, I would hope that she would be enticed to consume one of these instead, because she likes them much more than her Nutro canned dinners.
I feel good about giving our Silky the Purina Carvers treats, and she really loves them. I know when she doesn't like a treat, because she won't eat it, she carries it around the house looking for a place to hide it. When I give her the Carvers slices, she eats them immediately.
$3.59 is pretty expensive for eight treats, but if I break them into quarters I help them go further, making 32 pieces per pack. Even at that, I consider these expensive treats. I could break them up even further, but it wouldn't really be much of a treat, so quartering them is as small as I would go.
Expanding on the cost a bit more, the $3.59 price only gives you 3.5 ounces, making these treats over $17.00 a pound! Twice as much as I pay for my New York steaks on sale! (That kinda puts their price in perspective.)
If cost isn't a factor, I think these are well worth buying. They don't have the crunch factor that helps remove tarter and keep dogs teeth clean, but those treats can be supplemented into the diet. I am keeping the Purina Carvers for special occasions.
The bottom line is my dog absolutely loves them, and they are a healthy snack (with over 80% chicken), and are a good source of protein.