Best Resistance Training Dvd in 2022
Resistance Band Training for Osteoporosis Prevention DVD
Exercise for Seniors: Senior Exercise DVD + Resistance Band. All Exercises are Shown Standing and Seated! Senior Workout Video Helps You get Stronger, core & abs, Aerobic Heart Health, Coordination
- EASY TO FOLLOW AND FUN TO DO: this senior exercise DVD is easy to follow and fun to do. Curtis Adams, host keeps these exercise routines for seniors exciting. Whether you choose to do chair exercises or standing you are guaranteed to have fun. This is NOT like other boring senior citizen workouts or elderly exercise videos with older exercise that tell you to... lift your arm, turn your wrist. This senior exercise program will have you excited to do it again and again.
- ALL EXERCISES ARE DEMONSTRATED AS SEATED EXERCISE & STANDING EXERCISE: in this workout video for seniors you will see both seated exercises & standing exercises for every move so you choose which you prefer to do. Typically, 1 person is sitting throughout the entire senior exercise program while 2 others are standing, so one person is doing chair exercises while the others are sanding which make it easy to follow along. That makes it perfect for any skill level from beginners to more advanced.
- INCLUDES RESISTANCE BAND: this senior exercise program includes a resistance band created specifically for senior citizens. It is longer with lighter resistance than most workout bands which makes it perfect for seniors doing exercises. With the fitness band, you can now follow along and participate with Curtis Adams doing strengthening exercises. This band will provide resistance to help build strength which is perfect for chair exercises or standing.
- INCLUDES BALANCE WORKOUT on SENIOR EXERCISE DVD: this senior exercise super pack includes balance workouts at the end of the Vitality DVD and Strength Training, Core, Coordination, Cardio DVDS to increase balance to help reduce falls. Balance exercises are so important, but they are often difficult to find in most seated exercise DVDs. This balance DVD for seniors allows you to select a new short balance workout every day. Research suggests that doing balance exercises helps reduce falls.
- STRENGTH TRAINING, CORE, COORDINATION, CARDIO WHAT’S INSIDE: This senior exercise DVD is perfect for beginners through advanced skill levels this is why: it grows with you as you make progress, you may begin by doing it seated with no resistance and as you get stronger and more endurance, gradually do more exercises standing with the included resistance band. This exercise video for seniors will be your go to for years to come.
Resistance Band Workbook: Illustrated Step-by-Step Guide to Stretching, Strengthening and Rehabilitative Techniques
Safe Strength Training for Osteoporosis Prevention
- Safety tips
- Benefits of strength training for bone strength
- Proper techniques for maximum results
- Equipment selection for dumbbells and ankle weights
- Appropriate intensity levels
Slim in 6 DVD Workout
- Get Slim in 6 weeks with Beachbody's Slim in 6
- What you get with Slim in 6:
- 3 easy to follow fat burning workouts
- Workout calendar, Step-by-step Nutrition Guide, 6 Day Express diet plan, and Simple Steps to Success
- BONUS: 2 additional workouts and a Slim training resistance band
Circuit Burnout 90: 90 Day DVD Workout Program with 10+1 Exercise Videos + Training Calendar, Fitness Tracker &Training Guide and Nutrition Plan
- Circuit Burnout 90 helps you lose weight and build long lean muscle with 10 challenging workouts on 10 DVDs
- Join Dr. Monique St. Pierre for your 90 day transformation. You will burn fat, tone muscle and get in the best shape of your life with Circuit Burnout 90
- Each of the 10 challenging, but easy-to-follow workouts demonstrate multiple levels for different abilities. The workouts keep the body guessing and increase metabolism to maximize results
- Also includes a complete Training Guide, Nutrition Plan and Training Calendar
- BONUS: Stretch DVD helps recovery and injury prevention
Resistance Band Training for Osteoporosis Prevention
SEATED MIX CHAIR EXERCISE FOR SENIORS- 3 DVDs + 30 Exercise Segments + Resistance Band. Most Comprehensive Chair Exercise DVD for Seniors Available! Finally- Fun Chair Exercises for Seniors DVD!
- 30 SEATED EXERCISE ROUTINES to customize your perfect chair workout. Do a new workout every day!
- EXERCISE VIDEOS FOR SENIORS OF EVERY SKILL LEVEL: program created so you can go at your own pace.
- EASY TO FOLLOW TOTAL BODY WORKOUT focuses on better endurance, getting stronger and gaining balance.
- SENIOR WORKOUT DVD SET COMES WITH EXERCISE BANDS FOR SENIORS: longer and lighter resistance grow young
- LOW IMPACT VIDEOS EXERCISE FOR SENIORS plus resistance band with x-light resistance you will love!
Walk On: Get Strong! 2 Complete, Floor Work Free Strength Training Workouts for Stronger Muscles, Bones and Metabolism with Jessica Smith [DVD]
SKLZ Recoil 360 Dynamic Resistance Training Belt
- MAXIMIZE YOUR POWER. The SKLZ Dynamic Resistance Assistant Trainer helps athletes train to maximize strength, speed, and vertical jump, so they can become their best. Build strength and explosive power as you take your physical skill to the next level.
- TRAIN IN EVERY DIRECTION. Sports don’t take place in one direction, that’s why the Recoil 360’s adjustable belt has a unique free motion ring, meaning you can train with resistance at almost any angle. Be prepared for anything, or anyone that comes your way.
- TRAIN LIKE THE PROS . Used by collegiate, professional, Olympic athletes and coaches. The SKLZ Recoil 360, can withstand the rigorous training of world class athletes. With the sheathed flex cord, the Recoil 360 stretches from 8-22ft, yielding 15 to 50 lbs.
- VERSATILE TRAINING. Run drills with your coach, your teammates, or solo as you prove your dedication and find your drive. Designed with enough durability for even the most powerful athletes, the SKLZ Recoil 360 will take your training to the next level. Bring diversity to your training as you practice every type of exercise for almost every type of sport.
- GO FOR YOUR GOALS. SKLZ is dedicated to helping athletes of all levels reach their goals. Give yourself the tools you need to succeed. No matter your sport--baseball, soccer, football, basketball, tennis, rugby, lacrosse--the SKLZ Recoil 360 Dynamic Resistance Assistance Trainer will help you improve your overall athleticism with increased power, explosiveness, and strength.
Are the 10-Minute Solution Exercise DVDs the Right Choice for You?
A series of DVDs, called the 10-Minute Solution line, is promising to make fitness more accessible for the time-crunched. This clever format can work really well to help you get in your daily fitness even if you only have 10 or 20 minutes to spare.
The series features a wide variety of different exercises from yoga and pilates to kickboxing and dance aerobics, but the format is the same for all the DVDs. Each DVD offers five 10-minute segments. You can do just one when you're in a hurry, do all five if you want a complete workout, or mix and match two or three of the workouts on each programmable DVD.
So far, the basic Pilates DVD, "10 Minute Solution: Pilates" is my favorite. Instructor Lara Hudson will give you a well-rounded workout if you do all five segments. "Pilates for Abs" is a challenging workout for beginners and even intermediate-level Pilates enthusiasts. She works the entire set of abs, upper, lower, and obliques. Pilates for Buns and Thighs will also make you feel the burn. The "Sculpting" segment requires a set of light handweights and mainly targets shoulders and arms, with a bit of work on your chest and upper back as well. The "Pilates Burn" segment is the cardio workout. A series of flowing moves will keep your heart rate up. The DVD ends with "Pilates for Flexibility." Here, Hudson combines some yoga moves with traditional pilates moves to stretch your sides, arms, and legs. It is a nice cool-down if you do the segments in order.
Of course, though, the best thing about the DVD is that you can program it in any order. Some days, I want to do the "Burn" segment and cool down with the "Flexibility" segment. Other days, I may want to work out my upper body with the "Sculpting" segment and follow it up with some work on my abs, thighs, and buns. Other days, I'm just looking for a quickie stretch routine, and I will do only the flexibility segment.
I also enjoy the "Fat Blasting Dance Mix" with Jennifer Galardi, where the focus is on having fun while moving. This DVD contains five 10-minute dance routines, although the last two only barely qualify as "dancing." The first is the "Simple Slimmer." It contains only 10 or 12 simple dance moves to warm you up. She next moves on to the "Calorie Meltdown." Here, the dance moves get a little more complicated, and the workout gets more intense. She turns it up one more notch in the third segment, "Fat Burning Party." The fourth segment is the "Butt and Thigh Blaster." The moves in this segment have a dancy feel to them, but you're not doing fancy footwork similar to the steps you learn in the first three segments. She finishes up with "Ab Attack." This segment is also less dance-oriented than the first three segments. One caution here: if you're exercising on a carpeted floor instead of hardwood or tile, you may find some of the "sliding" movements in the dance segments hard to execute. You may have to skip them or modify them. Overall, it's a well-rounded exercise DVD.
I've also tried the "10 Minute Solution: Yoga" DVD, also with Lara Hudson. I love yoga, but I find that the 10 Minute Solution format doesn't work as well. I've seen criticisms from other users who suggest that you don't have time to really relax into each pose before Hudson is moving you on to the next one. The whole point of yoga is to slow down and do each pose with deliberate attention, so the 10 Minute segments feel a little rushed.
The makers of these DVDs obviously don't want their fans to get bored, since they offer a really wide variety of exercise styles. There are several more Pilates titles, including "Pilates On the Ball," "Rapid Results Pilates," "Slim amp; Scultp Pilates," and "Prenatal Pilates." Other dance titles include "Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix," "Dance Off Belly Fat," and "Dance it Off amp; Tone it Up" (includes toning band). The people at 10 Minute Solution also offer "Tone Trouble Zones," "Blast Off Belly Fat," "Kickbox Bootcamp," and "Carb Burner." There's even a variety program called simply "10 Minute Solution." This DVD offers five different kinds of fitness activities in 10-minute segments: boot camp, Pilates, ballet, kickboxing, and yoga.
The makers of the series have more titles slated to come out later this year as well.
Bottom line? The general idea of the series is great. Most of the DVDs deliver a really good 10-minute workout, and doing all five segments will generally give you a great well-rounded workout. However, the 10-minute format isn't equally appropriate for all kinds of exercise. If possible, see if you can preview a video by borrowing it from a friend or watching it for free via the "Watch Now" feature of Netflix. This will help you eliminate routines that won't work for you and identify ones that will fit perfectly with the fitness routine you want to create.