Best Training Shoes For Ankle Support in 2023
Zumba Women's Air Classic Athletic Dance Workout Shoes with Max Impact Protection, Denim, 8.5
Reebok Men's Royal Bb4500 Hi2 Walking Shoe, Black/Alloy, 14 M US
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIAL: These game sneakers feature leather and mesh upper for a blend of support and breathability
- EFFICIENT FOOT SUPPORT: These stylish trainers feature high abrasion rubber outsole adds durable responsiveness and lasts many jogs and games
- REMOVABLE ORTHOTICS INSERT: This footwear features removable EVA sockliner accommodates orthotics and offers cushion
- COMFORTABLE AND STURDY DESIGN: This footwear features mid-cut design for added stability and support around the ankles
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE SPORTS SHOES: Ideal for daily, casual wear, basketball, and athleisure
PUMA Women's Tazon 6 WN's fm Cross-Trainer Shoe, Black Silver/Beetroot Purple, 8.5 M US
- Synthetic leather
- Breathable EcoOrthoLite sockliner for optimum fit and comfort
- TPU shank for increased stability
XPETI Women's Wildfire Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot Navy/Blue 9
- Abrasion-resistant, breathable mesh upper materials, Compression-molded EVA midsole and aggressive rubber outsole
- PLEASE NOTE: About the Size, M stands for the Medium width, and it may be a bit small than normal size, recommend ordering a full size up from your normal size. also please kindly check the product care instruction in the box before wearing
- Suitable for Light hiking. Protective, molding toe cap, welded TPU quarter overlays
- COMFORTABLE and LIGHTWEIGHT, padded tongue and collar, Molded foam insole
- TPU sole-stabilizing technology, for the outdoor activity of light hiking, durability and comfort
JOOMRA Women Minimalist Shoes Trail Running for Ladies Wide Gym Treadmill Walking Sneakers Arch Support Antislip Toes Cycling Footwear Purple Size 9.5
- Rubber outsoles offer the optimal balance of traction and durability, with a responsive feel on unpredictable terrain.circular lug patterns provide grip during movement
- Removable insoles support the feet’s arches and not cause too much pressure and transfer weight over the ball of the feet.
- Thicker topline wrapped perfectly around feet, which make shoes not fall off during exercise
- Reflective strip on heel counter,make sure safty during exercise at night
- Note: style '#1 color' is snug fit, if between sizes, order next size up . style '#2 color' is relaxed fit. if between sizes, order next size down.
PUMA Men's ENZO Sneaker, Black, 10.5 M US
- Run-Train Performance Sneaker
XPETI Menâ€™s Ridge Thermal Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Trekking Insulated Outdoor Boot (13) Black
- Synthetic upper with hiding stiching, ergonomic tongue design
- Rubber Toe cap protection, molded TPU side stabilizer
- Breathable and flexible mesh collar, moisture-wicking mesh lining
- X-Dry Membrane waterproof and moisture-wicking mesh lining
- Super aggressive X-grip rubber outsole with 7mm multi-directional lugs provides higher-traction grip
Reebok Women's Freestyle Hi Walking Shoe, Black, 9.5
- Soft leather upper
- Mid-cut design
- Die-cut EVA midsole
- Dual ankle straps
- High-abrasion rubber outsole
Merrell Women's Moab 2 Mid Gtx, Sedona Sage, 6.5 M
- Bellows tongue helps keep debris out. Lace-up closure. Protective rubber toe cap. Heel pull loop. Padded tongue and collar. Breathable mesh lining offers a great in-shoe feel. M Select™ FIT.ECO+ blended EVA footbed features zonal arch and heel support. EVA midsole provides stable comfort. Molded nylon arch shank adds support. Merrell air cushioning in the heel absorbs impacting shock and helps stabilize the foot. Vibram® TC5+ outsole delivers high-performance durability, stabil
- Gear up for a fun-filled day on the trail in the Merrell® Moab 2 Mid GTX® hiking boot!
- GORE-TEX® breathable, waterproof membrane protects feet from outside elements.
- Hardy synthetic leather and mesh upper.
- Mid-cut height for added ankle support.
ASICS Women's Gel-Excite 4 Running Shoe, Shark/Flash Coral/Parachute Purple, 10 M US
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
How to Treat a Sprained Ankle, Knee or Wrist
Article describes the treatment for sprains of the wrist, ankle or knee.
Below are the immediate steps involved with first aid of a sprain. They are easy to remember with the PRICE acronym.
P - Protect - The first and most important thing to do in the treatment of a sprain is to get weight off of the joint. This involves not only sitting or lying down in the case of a sprained ankle or knee, but also supporting the foot once you are laying down. Just the weight of your foot can further damage the ligaments. Use a splint or pillow for support
R - Rest - Obviously you do not want to use the joint until healing of the sprain can occur.
I - Ice - Ice the sprained joint for 15 minutes, then remove the ice. Reapply again in a few hours for 15 minutes. This should be repeated as often as possible, but allow at least a few hours between applications and never ice for more than 15 minutes.
C - Compress - wrap the joint tightly, making sure to go a good distance above and below the sprain in order to support some weight. After wrapping tightly, make sure to check circulation below the wrap. This is easily done by lightly pinching a finger or toe. The finger or toe should briefly turn white, then quickly return to normal color. If the finger or toe stays white, the wrap is too tight and cutting off circulation.
E - Elevate - For as much as possible within the first few days, keep the sprain elevated above the level of the heart.
Finally, Ibuprofen can be given. Along with increased hydration, this will allow the body to respond rapidly to the damage caused by the sprain.
For long term care of a sprain, the most important thing is to maintain mobility and strength under very controlled circumstances.
1. After swelling and pain have gone away, begin to test the limits of mobility while not allowing the joint to support weight. For ankles, this can be done by making large circles with your foot while your foot rests on a pillow. If there is pain, you are not ready to move further into your recovery yet.
2. Once you have pain-free mobility, it is time to work on strengthening the joint. This is best done with a combination of crutches and wraps. Over time, you want to gradually increase the amount of weight you put on the sprained joint. As with mobility, be quick to backtrack when pain is experienced. When dealing with joints and ligaments.. the phrase ' more pain, more gain' does not apply.
3. Once full mobility and strength has been recovered, focus more of your workout energy into strengthening that joint. In many cases, the sprain occurred because the ligament was weak to begin with.
4. Proper nutrition. There are many vitamins and minerals that are necessary for proper ligament strength. If you partake in an activity that gives you an increased chance of sprains, like soccer or basketball, make sure you are taking a multivitamin and eating well balanced meals.