10 The Best Training Treats For Dogs
Updated on: June 2023
The Best Training Treats For Dogs in 2023
Blue Buffalo BLUE Bits Natural Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Chicken Recipe 16-oz bag
Zuke's Natural Training Dog Treats; Mini Naturals Recipe; Made in USA Facilities, 16 oz, Chicken Recipe
- With less than 3 calories per treat, Zuke's Mini Naturals are ideal for use as training treats or as a small breed dog treats
- Soft and chewy dog treats with real chicken as the #1 ingredient
- These natural dog treats feature cherries and turmeric to help maintain a healthy lifestyle
- No corn, no wheat, no soy. No artificial colors or flavors
- Crafted in the USA using the Earth’s best ingredients
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats Wild Bits Grain Free Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Chicken Recipe 4-oz bag
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: Made with more of the delicious chicken your dog loves, BLUE Wilderness Wild Bits are the soft-moist and meaty treat made to satisfy their wild side.
- MADE WITH DHA: An important fatty acid found in mother’s milk, DHA helps promote cognitive development in canines.
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: Made with omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, these dog training treats are more than just tasty, they’re healthy too!
- GRAIN FREE DOG TREATS: Featuring only the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals, Wilderness dog treats are grain free and contain no chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, and no corn, wheat or soy.
- Contains (1) 4oz bag of Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats Wild Bits High Protein Grain Free Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Chicken Recipe
Wellness Soft Puppy Bites Natural Grain Free Puppy Training Treats, Lamb & Salmon, 3-Ounce Bag
- Just For Puppy: Soft, Chewy, Perfectly Sized Treats Specially For Puppies Made With Premium Lamb And Salmon
- Treating Or Training: Soft, Delicious Dog Treats Great For Everyday Treating Or Training
- All Natural: Contains Only Premium, All Natural Ingredients With No Corn, Soy, Artificial Colors Or Flavors
- Made In USA: Backed By Our Wellness Guarantee And Quality Assured Made In The USA With The Finest Globally Sourced Ingredients
Full Moon Organic Human Grade Training Treats For Dogs
- Human Grade Dog Treats Made In The Usa
- Usda Organic
- Under 3 Calories Per Treat, Great For Training
- Glycerin Free And Grain Free - No Corn, Wheat Or Soy
- All Natural, No Artificial Flavors, Preservatives, Or Colors
Stewart Freeze Dried Beef Liver (21 oz)
- 100% SOURCED & MADE IN THE USA. Our treats are locally sourced throughout the US and freeze dried in Dayton, Ohio under our own roof, to use with confidence under yours.
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENT & NOTHING ELSE! The only ingredient in this recipe is USDA-certified, human-grade beef liver so these treats are all natural, grain free, gluten free, soy free, corn free and have no preservatives, artificial colors, additives or flavors.
- SINGLE INGREDIENT = MANY HEALTH BENEFITS. Your dog craves organ meat and livers are packed with protein and nutrients. They are rich with vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A, B12, iron, folic acid, magnesium and taurine. Our treats can be used for indulging your pet or as a food topper. Either way, they receive all of the natural benefits that liver has to offer!
- CONVENIENT RAW NUTRION. Feeding raw food can be messy, expensive and time consuming. We start with raw liver then our innovative freeze drying process preserves the nutritional integrity while creating a shelf-stable product. Our resealable tubs make it easy to treat your pet after potty breaks, during training exercises or whenever you just can’t resist their sweet face!
- THE ORIGINAL FREEZE DRIED TRAINING TREAT! There is only one original and it’s us! We’ve been making dog treats the same way since 1973. They have been the preferred choice of professional trainers for almost 50 years. Stewart Pro-Treats are Guaranteed Delicious. If you or your dog are not satisfied, our customer care team will make it right.
- Made with 100% pure beef liver
- High in protein
- Contains no preservatives or additives
- No refrigeration required
- Preferred choice of trainers for over 30 years
Cloud Star Chewy Tricky Trainers, Liver Flavor, 14-Ounce Pouch
- Cloud Star Tricky Trainers Chewy - Liver training treats are made in the USA with real chicken liver for the amazing taste dogs love!
- Soft, chewy texture that won’t dry out or crumble.
- Bite-size, low calorie treats - only 3 calories per treat!
- Used and recommended by professional dog trainers. An official training treat of the AKC Canine Good Citizen Program
- No wheat, corn, dairy or soy. No artificial colors or flavors.
Riley's Organic Dog Training Treats - Chicken Dog Jerky Treats Chicken & Rice Bite Sized Soft Jerky Treats for Dogs - Great for Small & Large Breeds - Jibbs - 5 oz
- Certified USDA Organic Jerky Dog Training Treats. NO GMOs, Wheat, Corn, or Soy. #1 INGREDIENT = ORGANIC CHICKEN.
- Soft, Chewy and Irresistibly Delicious Dog Chicken Jerky Treats: Dogs Love The Taste As Much As You Love Knowing Exactly What Your Dog Is Eating.
- Riley’s Organic Chicken & Rice Jerky Jibbs Are An All-Natural Way To Treat Your Dog To Something Delicious Without Worrying About What's In It Or Where It's Made.
- Riley's Makes The Perfect Training Treats. Each Jibb is the Perfect Bite Sized Treat for Your Dog.
- Made In The USA In Small Batches for Freshness, Quality, and Safety. Certified Organic.
NUTRO Crunchy Dog Treats with Real Peanut Butter, 16 Ounce Bag
- Contains one (1) 16 oz. bag of NUTRO Crunchy Natural Dog Treats with Real Peanut Butter
- NUTRO Crunchy Dog Treats are rich in nutrients and full of flavor, making them healthy treats your small breed or large breed dog will enjoy
- High-quality protein is the foundation of NUTRO Dog Treats-and they’re made with real, high-quality ingredients you can see and smell
- At only 5 calories per treat, NUTRO Crunchy Treats are great natural training treats your dog will sit and stay for
- NUTRO Crunchy Treats contain: NO chicken by-product meal, NO artificial flavors or colors, NO artificial preservatives, NO corn, wheat, or soy protein
- NUTRO Crunchy Treats are a great way to train and reward your dog
Milk-Bone MaroSnacks Dog Treats for Dogs of All Sizes, 40 Ounces
- Contains 1 - 40 Ounce Canister of Dog Treats for Dogs of All Sizes
- Wholesome, delicious treats that you can feel good about giving
- Tasty and nutritious with real bone marrow
- Rich in calcium to help maintain strong teeth and bones
What is a Reward When Training a Pet?
When training your puppy and in the course of reading anything on dog training you will hear of rewarding your dog. However, what exactly is a reward?
Simple, thinking outside the box the answers can actually be really healthy. Treats can range from something to eat, to a new toy, to even just an activity that your dog enjoys a lot. Traditional thinking causes people to think that treats must only be a treat that is edible. However, what else does your dog enjoy?
Many dogs love treats but in the spirit of giving some alternatives and choices, this gets a bit boring and repetitive. Does your dog enjoy a good chew toy? What about a hard bone to chew on? Perhaps a walk? What about a bit of playtime with their favorite person? Some dogs even heavily enjoy grooming. If this sounds like your pet, then you have landed upon a goldmine of treats.
Instead of always offering your dog an edible treat, provide a mix of alternative treats that will allow your dog some variety, as well as continue to spark their interest. If your pet becomes bored with the options given, they are much more likely to become distracted during training sessions, even if they are the ideal short sessions of 5-10 minutes.
Continuing to change up the treats offered is a great way to keep your puppies interest since they will always wonder what is coming next. One good tip to remember, if your dog has one treat in particular that drives him insane to work for, remember to save that treat for the major training sessions of critical skills. This will help your dog master those skills quicker, as well as reward your dog for the good work.
To your dog, a reward can even be as simple as a pat on the back, an ear scratch, or a tummy rub. Those are all simple, cheap, and easy to dispense to your pet in exchange for a job well done. Other dogs are not as fond of an ear scratch so it is up to your to discover what works best for you and your pet. Creativity and planning are the chief factors that determine how successful you will be. Training sessions are now much more fun with some great advanced planning and organization.